here are a few observations i’ve made since i’ve made this city my new home:
- there are train routes that are solely ugly, solely short, and solely smelly. (i see you, D train!!! no eye candy at ALL.)
– people in this city really don’t go anywhere they don’t have to. this includes to other sides of their very own boroughs. i am slightly perplexed by this. (aka, if i move to bay ridge, don’t fucking complain about coming to see me. either do it or don’t. i’m not opposed to traveling.)
– the ‘neighborhood’ supermarkets, in most areas, are shit.
– if you speak a little spanish when you move here, you’ll leave here speaking a lot of spanish. win!
– too many kids are selling candy on the train to feed themselves. it stings a little.
– there are too many train stations without elevators and escalators. too many folks w/ strollers are navigating these stairs alone, w/ impatient & inconsiderate assholes rushing them down the stairs. no bueno.
– the 4 train, once you hit the bx, is WAY FAR ABOVE GROUND. geez.
– there’s more to life than brooklyn. you can’t tell the brooklynites that, though.
i’ll be missing philly in approximately 6 weeks when i have a cheesesteak craving at noon on a saturday and realize that i’d have to make a 3 hour trip just to get one. oy.